Ndejje University has got two libraries. The Main Library located at the Main Campus and another located at the Kampala campus
To provide information resource in support of teaching, research and community endeavors of Ndejje University.
To develop appropriate information systems to support teaching, research and community endeavors of Ndejje University.
Acquire and organize information resources and services and make them readily accessible so as to encourage successful teaching, learning and research and assist in preparing students to become professionals who can enrich society with their knowledge, initiative and personal responsibility.
To develop a book collection and other information resources needed for teaching and research.
To ensure that these resources are preserved for posterity.
To create tools to facilitate access to various Library collections.
To maximize use of electronic information resources.
The Library is governed by a committee (Library committee. Its role is to create a link between the Library and the various schools and faculties.
This committee ensures quality of Library services. It’s composed nine people i.e. one representative from each faculty, academic registrar, bursar and three members from the Library.
|Library Opening Hours:
||8:00am - 10:00pm
||8:30am - 5:00pm
Tools used in cataloguing:
- Library of Congress Subject Heading (LCSH) -
- AngloAmerican Cataloguing Rules (AACR)
- Dewey Decimal Classification (DDC)
- Processing Instruction Slip
- List of Sections in the Library
- Reference and Circulation Sections
- Reserve Sections
- Periodicals Section
- Technical/Processing Section
Access to Materials The library collections are accessed through: Its manual catalog. Web-based access to a broad variety of Electronic Databases, viewed as abstracts and full text. Internet using search engines like Google, yahoo etc. CD's using computers. Electronic access
Library Collection The Library has a wide range of information materials. These differ in format and size.
- Pamphlets (i.e. Documents which are less than 100 pages)
- Periodicals (Documents published at regular intervals)
- Electronic Journals (Blackwell, Ebscohost, AJOL, Springer, Gale and Emerald among others)
- Reports (Government and Non-governmental Organizations)
Contact the University Library on:
Main Campus, Ndejje Hill, Luweero District.
Tel; +256-752-730327, +256-392-730327